IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING NYS CONTINUING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
Please be advised that Governor Cuomo has recently extended the ongoing State of Emergency to June 24, 2021. As a result, all real estate licensees must continue to comply with the guidance and restrictions put in place at the onset of the pandemic.
This means licensees are still prohibited from making any cold calls to unsolicited buyers, sellers, renters and landlords. As a licensee, you cannot make any unsolicited phone calls to a member of the public during the State of Emergency.
What is permissible, however, are other non-telephone marketing. This includes mailers, billboards, social media, internet marketing and the like.
Many of you have inquired as to whether or not calls to For Sale By Owner (FSBO) are permitted. The short answer is yes, however, only if you have a prospective buyer for the property. You cannot call a FSBO for the purpose of soliciting the listing. Such action is prohibited under the cold call limitations.
When showing you should continue to follow all safety protocols in place. That includes the following:
- Ensure social distancing and masks (covering mouth and nose) are worn at all times even if vaccinated during showings
- Open all doors, cabinets, windows, etc. during the home tour
- Discard all PPE (i.e., gloves, masks,etc.) outside of the property upon completion of tours
- Limit the number of attendees to Open Houses to members of the same household – Ideally no more than two people
- Schedule Open House tours 15-minutes apart
Let’s remain vigilant and work together to make our clients, colleagues, communities and importantly ourselves safe.
VORO Agent Support Team